Re: [SG16-Unicode] What is the proper term for the locale dependent run-time character set/encoding used for the character classification and conversion functions?

From: Corentin Jabot <corentinjabot_at_[hidden]>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2019 14:35:03 +0200
Chiming in with my favorite solution:

   - Forbid lossy source -> presumed execution encoding conversion (all
   ready ill formed in gcc but not msvc)
   - Forbid u8/u16/u32 literals in non unicode encoded files
   - Expose the "presumed execution encoding" (= "narrow/wide character
   literal encoding") as a consteval function returning the name as specified
   by iana
   https://www.iana.org/assignments/character-sets/character-sets.txt

I would expect changing the encoding of char would break everything... I'd
leave char and wchar_t mostly alone and start clean on char8_t.

Anyhow, I agree with Tom that the names are not indicative
How about: "narrow/wide character literal encoding" ?