Re: [SG16-Unicode] Draft SG16 direction paper

From: Victor Zverovich <victor.zverovich_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2018 15:32:44 -0700
> Existing programs depend on the ability to dynamically change the
execution encoding (within reason) in order for a server process to
concurrently serve multiple clients with different locale settings.

This seems like a very weird use case because it effectively limits server
to processing requests on one thread, since as mentioned elsewhere in the
document per-thread locale setting is still in the proposal phase. Do you
have any examples? In my experience changing locale dynamically more often
than not breaks programs' expectations.