Re: What is the outcome of the 12-12 meeting for the initial question: the location of std module units?

From: Daniel Ruoso <daniel_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2023 11:26:29 -0500
On Wed, Dec 13, 2023, 11:23 Chuanqi Xu via SG15 <sg15_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> In my mind, the motivation of the meeting should be the location of the
> std modules. Should it be <PREFIX>/modules/c++/v1? Should it be
> `/usr/include/c++/$version`? Or should it be `$PREFIX/share/c++/modules`?

The consensus is that it should be intermediated by the metadata file,
which makes the specific location less important, and open for package
managers to customize.

There was also a brief conversation where the feeling was that we shouldn't
reuse the include directory for this, and instead this should be inside a
private location for the standard library.

Daniel