Re: [isocpp-sg21] Contracts and tooling

From: Ville Voutilainen <ville.voutilainen_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 21:09:53 +0200
On Wed, 15 Nov 2023 at 16:28, Bret Brown via SG15 <sg15_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Well, the "compiler vendor" in two major cases are open source projects. I don't believe anyone in particular has promised to make sure the quality of implementation lives up to our expectations in this specific case. That is a matter for faith and clear communication for most of us who are users of compilers but not contributors as such.

There's certainly a vendor or two behind one of those projects that
you can talk to via various channels.

> But from a technical point of view, I haven't heard anyone say we should feel concerned about the difficulty in authoring quality implementations at some point.

I took a look, blanking source information provided by the builtins
(that are also used by source_location in general)
based on a command-line flag seems like a flick of the wrist to do. I
can do that
for the natural syntax implementation if people want to play with it.

Blanking the source information provided by __FILE__, __LINE__ and
__func__ takes more than a flick of the wrist,
mostly because I'm not familiar with GCC's preprocessor
implementation. I don't suppose there's anything insurmountable
in it, tho.