Ecosystem IS status and progress

From: René Ferdinand Rivera Morell <grafikrobot_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 22:54:49 -0600
Thank you everyone for taking the time to look at the Tool
Introspection paper. The contents of that paper got merged and the
GitHub issue closed! Attached is the resulting Ecosystem IS Draft
document. Having said that, there is a lot of work to get done in a
very short amount of time. Of the goals we outlined in P2656 only
that one has been completed and:

1. Build System <= => PM Integration
2. File Name Extensions
3. Introspection, COMPLETE
4. Portable Diagnostics Format
5. Command Line Portability, IN-PROGRESS

I will have a paper very soon for structured response files (5). And
even though the work for (1) is being investigated with the pkg-fmt
and CPS work I expect a proposal soo for those. The schedule as it
currently stands is:

2023.2: Plan; Finalize the plan for the development of the IS. COMPLETE
2023.3: Pre-Draft; Approve skeleton draft of the IS. PARTIALLY COMPLETE
2024.2: Proposal; Submit formal proposal to create work item for the
publication of the new IS.
2025.1: Committee Draft (CD) Finalized; Approve Committee Draft for
National Body comments.
2025.2: Draft International Standard (DIS) Finalized

We are roughly on schedule. Although we got one part merged into the
draft. We didn't get an EWG approval vote on the result yet. But don't
feel like we will get all the goal items done by the 2024.2 milestone
(Summer meeting). Hence we really need proposals ASAP!

--
-- René Ferdinand Rivera Morell
-- Don't Assume Anything  -- No Supone Nada