Re: P2717R1, EcoIS Introspection

From: René Ferdinand Rivera Morell <grafikrobot_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2023 16:42:49 -0500
On Thu, Jun 15, 2023 at 4:27 PM Stephen Kelly <steveire_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On 15/06/2023 21:51, René Ferdinand Rivera Morell wrote:
> > On Thu, Jun 15, 2023 at 3:16 PM Stephen Kelly <steveire_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> > Something else that a friend brought up is that the introspection
> > information may depend on environment information that is only
> > available at install time. I.e. that it can't be fixed data.
>
> I think D2717 so far only has spec for outputting the versions of
> metadata, so I'm not sure what it could contain that would be dependent
> on environment variables. Do you have an example?

A compiler driver that can work with a variety of linkers with
differing capabilities and the linker is user controlled somehow.
Hence the feature support will depend on an install, and possibly
runtime if env var driven, choice.

--
-- René Ferdinand Rivera Morell
-- Don't Assume Anything  -- No Supone Nada