Re: Questions about wording and design intention for header units and ideas

From: René Ferdinand Rivera Morell <grafikrobot_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2023 14:30:13 -0500
On Thu, May 18, 2023 at 2:19 PM Tom Honermann via SG15
<sg15_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I think these concerns should be addressed by SG15. An implementation dependent configuration file like you suggest is one way forward. Another would be for SG15 to specify a #pragma directive or magic comment (similar to the "-*- coding: <encoding name> -*-" comment that some editors recognize as an indication of source code character encoding; e.g. a "// importable-header" comment; I'm not suggesting this is a good idea).

Not entirely sure on this.. But the only way for SG15 to address some
of that requires either adding to the C++ IS, or adding to the
Ecosystem IS. And given recent messages that mention one IS (or TS)
not being allowed to alter another IS. The choice of adding something
to the Ecosystem IS that changes C++ code is likely not viable. Which
leaves specifying some external implementation format, aka file, as
the holder of that information as the likeliest avenue within the
Ecosystem IS.

--
-- René Ferdinand Rivera Morell
-- Don't Assume Anything  -- No Supone Nada