Re: Experimental support for C++ Modules distribution based on p2473r1.

From: Daniel Ruoso <daniel_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2023 18:32:59 -0500
This is a great first step. Thanks for pushing this.

I should note, however, that the proposal on that paper didn't reach
consensus.

The approach that did reach consensus, later, was the one proposed in
https://wg21.link/P2577R2 with the specific convention for the translation
in https://wg21.link/P2701R0

Those have already been incorporated into the draft modules experience TR,
which you can see the source in
https://github.com/cplusplus/modules-ecosystem-tr/blob/master/appendix/discovery-in-prebuilt-library-releases.tex
and a recent enough rendering on
https://github.com/cplusplus/modules-ecosystem-tr/files/10071184/iso_cpp_modules_ecosystem_technical_report.pdf

Note that we haven't yet reached a consensus on the suffix for the file
name containing the metadata, nor on the format of the metadata file itself.

Both still require additional papers and experiments.

Daniel