Re: SARIF for C++ Error Messages

From: Aaron Ballman <aaron_at_[hidden]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2022 07:02:36 -0400
On Wed, Jul 20, 2022 at 8:32 AM Sy Brand via SG15 <sg15_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> As discussed in the call about P2429, some of us are going to look into SARIF as a common target for C++ compiler error messages.
>
> I’m going to ask the folks we have looking at SARIF to give their thoughts, please do send your own if you have experience with the format, or invite relevant colleagues with relevant expertise.

I've worked with SARIF before and I encourage this direction. I worked
on two tools which consume SARIF and which produce SARIF, and the
format works reasonably well as a way to interchange diagnostic
information. Clang is investing in the feature; it already supports
emitting SARIF for its static analysis results, and there are efforts
underway to allow all diagnostics to be emitted to SARIF.

~Aaron