Re: [SG15] breakpoint and is_debugger_present proposals.

From: René Ferdinand Rivera Morell <grafikrobot_at_[hidden]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2022 19:50:09 -0600
On Tue, Jan 4, 2022 at 2:21 PM Jonathan Wakely via SG15 <
sg15_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Jan 2022 at 15:04, Ben Craig via SG15 <sg15_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
>
>> IMO, we need a function that is an unconditional breakpoint, similar to
>> what the various compile builtins already provide. This could be in
>> addition to the conditional breakpoint. The conditional breakpoint can be
>> built from the unconditional breakpoint + is_debugger_present, so we should
>> provide the lower level building block.
>>

>> My personal preference is that the unconditional breakpoint gets the
>> “good” name of std::breakpoint, but I can live with the conditional
>> breakpoint getting the good name.
>>

> Or make it std::breakpoint(bool).

I was wondering how long it would be until someone suggested that :-) I
also thought about that after I had posted the papers (such are things that
come to one's mind after the fact). And that seems like a most sensible
approach.

--
-- René Ferdinand Rivera Morell
-- Don't Assume Anything  -- No Supone Nada