[SG15] P2473R1 - Revision of "Distributing C++ Module Libraries"

From: Daniel Ruoso <daniel_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2021 14:22:37 -0500
Hello,

Following the feedback from our last meeting, I just uploaded revision
1 of the "Distributing C++ Module Libraries" paper, link:
https://wg21.link/p2473r1 .

The summary of the changes are:

 * Clarified wording that the meta-ixx-info file is not necessarily in
the same location as the ixx file, but instead is subject to an
independent lookup with the same relative path.

 * Moved the concept of Variable Substitution to be a responsibility
of the package manager, meaning any variables must be substituted
before the files are presented to the build system.

 * Introduced a section related to alternative parsing options for the
same interface file. Additionally, the bmi filename now includes a
fragment to identify which of the alternative parsings are being used.

 * Clarified the “Search order” section to explain it in better detail
including the reason for it.

 * Made it a requirement to provide a meta-ixx-info file.

 * Proof-of-concept implementation is now required to generate recipes
for building each individual bmi file, since names are now dependent
on the contents of the meta-ixx-info file.

I imagine we should be able to discuss this revision at the meeting
that happens on 2021-12-10.

Daniel