Re: [SG15] RFC: Requirements to consume a prebuilt library from arbitrary build systems

From: Ben Craig <ben.craig_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 19:30:42 +0000
For some of these libraries, they aren’t useful without the code generator. On top of that, the interface that some of these libraries expose still count as “internals”, because the “real” interface is the generated code.

For QT, Microsoft RPC, and Apache Thrift, you can download prebuilt binaries, as well as the prebuilt code generator. Using the library (often) requires using code generated from the code generator.