Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Draft: Requirements for Usage of C++ Modules at Bloomberg
From: Daniel Ruoso (daniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-06-18 14:13:57

On Fri, Jun 18, 2021 at 2:45 PM David Blaikie <dblaikie_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> So it seems like the challenge here will be to get buy-in from all these
> different parties that they should support some common format?

I guess the request to the committee would be to bless one in some way
> (some sort of non-standard, but standard-adjacent document? with some form
> of the weight of the committee behind it) in the hopes that that will help
> add more weight to the feature requests on these tools to add support for
> this format?

Yes. The idea is that SG15 could drive interoperability on specific scopes
(particularly GNU/Linux, but possibly applicable to any POSIX system),
maybe via a Technical Report on a specific format that could be used by
build systems, GNU/Linux distribution maintainers, etc.

Older archives