Re: [SG15] [isocpp-modules] Reuse of the built modules (BMI) paper

From: Richard Smith <richardsmith_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2019 18:33:15 -0700
On Tue, Jun 18, 2019 at 9:22 AM Gabriel Dos Reis via SG15 <
sg15_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> [...]

Yes, that's generally right for Clang too. We unfortunately expose some
details of optimization flags to the source code (eg, via the __OPTIMIZE__
macro), so it is possible for optimization flags to affect the BMI that is
produced. However, we allow BMIs built with one set of optimization / code
generation flags to be used in a compilation with the flags set
differently. And likewise for predefined macros, header search paths, and
similar things. We (mostly) don't allow mixing different languages and
language standards, though.