Re: [Tooling] [isocpp-modules] Round2: Path to modules with old bad build systems

From: Ben Craig <ben.craig_at_[hidden]>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2019 14:55:32 +0000
I think that textual inclusion of modules could indeed have worse build throughput than headers. I think the worst case will be when the application is modularized, but depends on non-modular libraries. If I pull in a dozen of my own modules in a TU, and each of those #include's <boost/log.hpp> (for example), then I can imagine the build times getting nasty.

I don't see that as a showstopper for textual inclusion, but I do see it as strong motivation to improve the build system.