Re: [Tooling] Modules feedback

From: Ben Boeckel <ben.boeckel_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2019 17:08:44 -0500
On Thu, Feb 14, 2019 at 16:19:44 -0500, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> I think the objection was that I want to try to do as much as possible,
> e.g. build other TU's, if a dependency is missing. Making this a scan
> error would prevent me building other TU's in the target that has the
> problem, even though those might build successfully.

And those TUs might depend on modules generated by the missing source
file. The build has no idea. Use `make -i` if you want to do such
things (which would use a stale `collate` result, but hey, that's what
you asked for with `-i`). But the result of such a build is 100%
untrustworthy and as some who gets build questions, I'd lean towards
"don't use `-i`" as the first *and only* step for getting yourself out
of a hole dug by `-i`. Ninja doesn't offer such a silly flag and I'm OK
with that.

--Ben