Re: [Tooling] Modules feedback

From: Steve Downey <sdowney_at_[hidden]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2019 15:45:07 -0500
I think you can linearize the scan of all the translation units by assuming
all of the unknown modules will be in $PROJECT_MODULE_DIR/module_name.bmi,
and when you find the interface unit that produces module_name, write out
the build dependency there. This works less well for external dependencies.
There's also the additional complication that the imported module name may
not exist yet. That should be a build error, but shouldn't necessarily be a
hard error during scanning and collating. Building unrelated source should
still be possible, the keep-going option.