Re: [Tooling] Clang Modules and build system requirements

From: Steve Downey <sdowney_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2019 16:04:12 -0500
On Fri, Feb 8, 2019 at 2:35 PM Matthew Woehlke <mwoehlke.floss_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> I could possibly quibble with whether that's "accurate", but I think
> it's moot. Either this comes from the build system, or the user provides
> it by hand (or something else?). In whichever case, I don't see why
> providing the information for module dependencies would be any more
> difficult than providing the comparable info for includes. IOW, we
> aren't making this any harder than today.
>
> I just want to make sure. This is true for _clang_ modules. Merged and TS
modules introduces an indirection that makes finding module dependencies
harder than just asking the compiler for includes. If the module does not
exist yet, the compiler may be unable to answer that question. This leads
to the module-mapper which provides the answer by magic.