Re: [Tooling] SG15 Why do we need module name to file name mapping

From: Isabella Muerte <imuerte_at_[hidden]>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2019 04:01:17 +0000
If each implementation does something different regarding modules and filenames, then C++ will die a slow painful death. If we can't have implementations agree on a singular thing to do, that is going to fragment the community further, cause headaches, and waste hundreds of hours of developer time trying to get everything to work the same. I do not trust vendors to do the right thing and work together outside of the standard.

Furthermore, while C# permits names and modules not being the same, this isn't as much of an issue given that a module is also a namespace (which is orthogonal to modules in C++), they have partial classes (which we do not), and they don't have separate interface and implementation files. I reckon if C# had to deal with some of the issues we are, it would be less popular. πŸ˜‰