Re: [Tooling] Modules naming

From: Corentin <corentin.jabot_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2019 00:02:24 +0100
As I said, I want to talk about the problem rather than a specific solution.

Now, we can all assume that modules as specified will be supported without
pain by all build systems, IDEs, refactoring tools etc in a way that is
efficient, scalable, distributable, easy to use and compatible with SG15
dependencies manager ambitions.

But, I have enough reservation that I would not be comfortable voting for a
merge of the proposal any time soon.
If people proposing changes to the proposal have a burden of proof, maybe
so should the people that keep on insisting that everything is perfect as
it is?

Modules are by nature quite invasive. Not only will they require
module-aware build system to be usable, but so will any downstream users.
Sticking "-std=c++20" on gcc won't let people magically use modules
everywhere.
There is a risk that the feature will be ignored or make libraries that
elect to use modules unusable. And modules have enough benefits to offer
that we should do everything we can to avoid that.

So maybe you are right that we need more implementation.