Re: [Tooling] [Ext] Modules and tooling: Resolving module import declarations

From: Nathan Sidwell <nathan_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2018 14:14:15 -0400
On 08/31/2018 12:05 PM, Tom Honermann wrote:

> If so, my concern with that approach is that it effectively requires a
> build system.

Let me clarify something here, it provides mechanism without policy, so
yes, it requires something to give the policy. That is a build system.
What we're discussing here is a build system -- how things get built.
#includes and their include path are a build system in that respect.

What the mapper does is decouple the compiler from whatever that build
system is. (Unlike #include paths, which are baked into compilers.)

nathan

--
Nathan Sidwell