Re: [Tooling] C++ project layout pool

From: Klaim - Joël Lamotte <mjklaim_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2018 13:08:20 +0200
On 14 June 2018 at 07:55, Boris Kolpackov <boris_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I've created a poll about commonly used C++ project layouts/structure:

On a related note but more specific to build2:
I briefly tried to use the "b install" command in build2 and here is a
few related feedback.

1. It's slightly surprising that I can "build" a project with "bdep
update" but there is no way to install with bdep.
    I'm not sure if it's important, so it's just a note that I was surprised.
2. I had an executable project depending on a library project.
Installing ended up with both installed and an include directory with
the headers of the library, but I only wanted to install the
executable.
    Doing "b install exe{myexe}" also did install the include headers
of the library. Is that because of something I have to configure with
the library? or the exe?
3. Although the install directories layout is ok for most cases, there
are cases where I want a very specific layout (mainly with games) that
is not the default one. Is there a way to specify a layout? Is it just
by setting config.install.options?

Joël