Re: [Tooling] Tooling experience? (was Re: Proposed mission)

From: Bjarne Stroustrup <bjarne_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2018 12:44:18 -0400
We understand that. Some of us have been - reasonably successfully -
balancing the need for stability/compatibility with the need for
evolution to meet new challenges for decades.

That said, I hope that it is well known that I think that we eventually
have to eliminate macros to get really good tools, and that those really
good tool probably won't be able to handle older code littered with
macros. I'm looking for tools that can help refactor from macros to real
language features.