Re: [Tooling] Tooling experience? (was Re: Proposed mission)

From: Titus Winters <titus_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2018 14:09:56 +0000
Yeah, one of the recognized strengths of C++ is that it doesn't leave all
of the legacy code behind, generally speaking. One of the reasons I don't
participate in design and evolution discussions on reddit is that the crowd
there seems pretty one-sided on the question of what to do with legacy.

It's easy to design on a clean slate. It's harder to make that design
useful by making it fit in with the existing ecosystem. It's harder still
to make the design also deployable without requiring a wholly new project
before it can be used productively.