Re: [Tooling] Tooling experience? (was Re: Proposed mission)

From: Rene Rivera <grafikrobot_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2018 12:29:33 -0500
On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 12:14 PM, Titus Winters <titus_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> There's been some general pushback on "macros and preprocessor things make
> various types of tools impossible to deploy." My question is aimed mostly
> at that: do we have evidence of that? Or is it just intuition?

Ah, yes.. In that respect macros make build systems life very difficult. As
it totally kills any hope of determining binary compatibility. Boost Build
totally ignores them in that respect. And it becomes a problem for the user
to deal with. Which in turn propagates to package managers as consumers of
the build system products.

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything