Re: [Tooling] Purview of SG15 ?

From: Boris Kolpackov <boris_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2018 13:11:20 +0200
Corentin <corentin.jabot_at_[hidden]> writes:

> But, do we actually need a standard build system ? I'm not convinced. We
> do, however, need a standard package manager.

The experience of other "competing" languages (Rust, Go) suggests that
things work best if the build system and the package manager (or, more
broadly, package/project dependency management) are tightly integrated
into a build toolchain.

Also, if you are interested in package/project dependency management, I
highly recommend "So you want to write a package manager" by Sam Boyer[1].
It definitely clarified quite a few things for me.

[1] https://medium.com/_at_[hidden]/so-you-want-to-write-a-package-manager-4ae9c17d9527

Boris