Re: [SG13] 2D graphics for Cologne - P0267R9

From: Rene Rivera <grafikrobot_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2019 22:05:27 -0500
On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 9:52 PM Michael McLaughlin via SG13 <
sg13_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> The inverse of the transformation matrix that transforms user space to
> surface space (i.e. device space) can transform coordinate input to the
> coordinate system the user (programmer) is working in.
>
> Depending on the scale of the transformation it's possible for the result
> to be inaccurate to a degree that the result is inaccurate, but that can
> easily be cured with a function that returns the input coordinates in
> surface space, which uses should use if the scaling factor of their
> transformation from user space to surface space is large enough.

It can only be cured, to an extent, when the spaces are equally
dimensioned. I work in a field where I need to meld 1d, 2d and 3d input
coming from varied sources with 1d, 2d, and 3d output. Hence I understand
the challenges in making all that work without loosing precision+accuracy,
and your sanity :-)

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything