Re: [SG13] 2D graphics for Cologne - P0267R9

From: Michael McLaughlin <mikebmcl_at_[hidden]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2019 20:40:28 -0400
It's possible that mouse and touch input will be combined into a single
API. We'll see. One thing that is definitely up for debate in my opinion is
whether or not multi-touch and, if so, gestures should be incorporated into
the input API. I'm weakly against a multi-touch API at the moment, but I
don't want the API to exclude the possibility of a multi-touch API down
the road. I think a gestures API would be a bad idea at this point though,
since they are fairly new and with a multi-touch API programmers could
implement one if desired (provided the API provides unique values for each
touch (looping would be permissible since even a Jelly-Fish wouldn't be
able to trigger anything close to the value of a signed, let alone
unsigned, int number of unique, consecutive touches before it would be
necessary to loop)).

-Mike