Re: [SG12] [isocpp-core] New Issue?: [class.bit] p.4 - silent UB and necessary restriction?

From: Tim Song <t.canens.cpp_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2021 06:52:48 -0600
[expr.ass]/4:

When the left operand of an assignment operator is a bit-field that
cannot represent the value of the expression, the resulting value of
the bit-field is implementation-defined.

I haven't checked if we say anything about what happens when you
initialize a bit-field in this scenario, but the intent seems clear to
me and it isn't undefined.