Re: [SG12] Proposal for a Security Review Group

From: Michael Wong <fraggamuffin_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2020 14:53:52 -0500
Hi all, thank you for asking our opinion and sorry for the delay as this
was one of the messages that was lost and we are enacting procedure to
ensure other messages are also not lost.

DG reviewed this proposal and agrees that security should be a Review Group
similar to ARG, which is invitation-only, passive instead of active.

We feel that Security, like Safety, is a cross-cutting property like ABI,
and Performance.

In fact, it would be beneficial to extend the scope of the proposed review
group to both Security and Safety from the start. Our reasons include:

  - the topics are somewhat similar, have dependencies and intersect
significantly,
  - we expect there will be a desire to extend that scope early on and we
might as well avoid another round of administrative discussions, and
  - we think it would be harmful to end up with two separate groups for
that purpose

We would urge whoever is interested to start with a submission of charter
and goal (that DG and others can review), as well as a recommendation of
initial members and potential chairs.

We are now looking at a Dec 9th SG14 meeting to discuss the substance of
such a direction according to the minutes of the November WG21 Admin call
as well as forming a charter, goal, and possible initial review membership
and potential chairs. This is only because one of the proposals came from
an SG14 member.

If interested please subscribe to SG14 forum for the updated zoom times and
connection(also enclosed below), although we will also broadcast this to a
wider group which includes SG12, WG23, Critical reliability google group.
As SG14 is an open outreach group, that means anyone can join even those
who are not registered ISO experts by registering at the SG14 forum:

Herb, JF, and Bryce please feel free to forward to your constituents or
anyone else.

Hi,

Michael Wong is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: SC14 monthly Dec 2020-Feb 2021
Time: Dec 9, 2020 02:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
    Every month on the Second Wed, until Feb 10, 2021, 3 occurrence(s)
    Dec 9, 2020 02:00 PM
    Jan 13, 2021 02:00 PM
    Feb 10, 2021 02:00 PM
    Please download and import the following iCalendar (.ics) files to your
calendar system.
    Monthly:
https://iso.zoom.us/meeting/tJcscuigqD8pHNESxi1bJ9ClURVqr_ZAvmv1/ics?icsToken=98tyKuCrrz4rEtKRsx-CRowqBY_4d_zwpilego14rwfsUiJ5OyD6A9B0I6BAKvnG

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android:
https://iso.zoom.us/j/93151864365?pwd=aDhOcDNWd2NWdTJuT1loeXpKbTcydz09
    Password: 789626

Or iPhone one-tap :
    US: +12532158782,,93151864365# or +13017158592,,93151864365#
Or Telephone:
        US: +1 253 215 8782 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 312 626 6799 or +1
346 248 7799 or +1 408 638 0968 or +1 646 876 9923 or +1 669 900 6833
 or 877 853 5247 (Toll Free)
    Meeting ID: 931 5186 4365
    Password: 789626
    International numbers available: https://iso.zoom.us/u/agpDuueQY

Or Skype for Business (Lync):
    https://iso.zoom.us/skype/93151864365

Note that SG14 is only facilitating the initial call and to enable outside
experts. Further decisions on the formation of the entity will come from
the Convener.

Thank you.