Re: [ub] [isocpp-core] Attn SG12: NB comment RU007 (relax pointer value/aliasing rules)

From: Roger Orr <rogero_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2019 11:25:34 +0000
Thanks, I believe that change is good

Roger.
________________________________
From: Core <core-bounces_at_lists.isocpp.org> on behalf of Lisa Lippincott via Core <core_at_[hidden]>
Sent: 08 November 2019 11:12
To: core_at_[hidden] <core_at_[hidden]>
Cc: Lisa Lippincott <lisa.e.lippincott_at_[hidden]>; WG21 UB study group <ub_at_[hidden]>; Caleb Sunstrum <calebs_at_[hidden]>
Subject: Re: [isocpp-core] Attn SG12: NB comment RU007 (relax pointer value/aliasing rules)

(This is a comment about words, not an answer to "Is this change right?")

The resolution attached to the core page suggests the possibility that a type might be an object:

the type of the original object is neither a complete object that is const-qualified nor a subobject of such an object[...]

As the type of the original object is no longer at issue, I suggest:

the original object is neither a complete object of const-qualified type, nor a subobject of such an object[...]

(About the meaning)
Mutable becomes a little weirder.

                     --Lisa

On Nov 6, 2019, at 4:37 PM, Hubert Tong via Core <core_at_[hidden]> wrote:

Core is ready for SG12 to review and make a recommendation to EWG.

-- HT

On Wed, Nov 6, 2019 at 3:58 PM Jens Maurer <Jens.Maurer_at_[hidden]<mailto:Jens.Maurer_at_[hidden]>> wrote:
On 06/11/2019 15.49, Ville Voutilainen wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Nov 2019 at 16:25, Hubert Tong
> <hubert.reinterpretcast_at_[hidden]<mailto:hubert.reinterpretcast_at_[hidden]>> wrote:

>> That's a transcription error in the notes. The notes should say:
>> "the original object is neither a complete object that is const-qualified nor a subobject of such an object"
>
> Herr Maurer, können Sie bitte schön die Notizen reparieren?

Ich habe die Notizen repariert. Vielen Dank für den Hinweis.

(Fixed.)

Thanks,
Jens