Re: [ub] Type punning to avoid copying

From: Nevin Liber <nevin_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 12:42:24 -0500
On 28 July 2013 11:44, Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> We shouldn't be doing anything in rash.

Who is arguing for a rash decision? This sounds like a straw man to me.

As far as I can tell, we are exploring how to meet this very real need of
programs (efficiently turning a buffer of raw data into something which has
structure), which is currently being met (either accidentally or
deliberately) by relying on certain undefined behavior not being undefined
in any practical sense.
--
 Nevin ":-)" Liber  <mailto:nevin_at_[hidden]>  (847) 691-1404