Subject: Re: [SG10] Updates to SD-6
From: Jonathan Wakely (cxx_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-08-13 04:06:26

On 6 January 2015 at 17:29, Ed Smith-Rowland wrote:
> N4279 - Improved insertion interface for unique-key maps
>
> __cpp_lib_map_insertion 201411
>
> __cpp_lib_unordered_map_insertion 201411

Now that libstdc++ supports these features I was about to add the
macros, and realised that N4440 has __cpp_lib_map_try_emplace in
addition to __cpp_lib_map_insertion. IMHO that makes the latter rather
meaningless.

Maps have supported insertion since 1998, so "map insertion" doesn't
say anything about this feature. If we have a separate macro for
try_emplace then we should have map_insert_or_assign, surely?

Or just combine them both under map_insertion, without a separate
macro for try_emplace.

SG10 list run by herb.sutter at gmail.com