Subject: [SG10] Agenda: 06-15
From: Nelson, Clark (clark.nelson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-06-09 18:47:04

Monday, June 15, 2015
10:00 am | Pacific Daylight Time (San Francisco, GMT-07:00) | 2 hrs

Connection details:
http://www.open-std.org/pipermail/features/2015-June/000354.html

Here is a new draft. The major change since I sent out the draft with the
minutes is that I basically just copy/pasted tables from the four recently-
published Technical Specifications. I haven't done anything yet about an

(In case anyone isn't certain, insertions and deletions are relative to the
SD-6 on isocpp.org.)

Concerning my other action items from the last meeting:

I contacted Mike Miller and Andrew Sutton about removing the "(Informative)"
annotation from the feature-testing section of the Concepts TS. They seemed
agreeable.

I also looked into Microsoft's plans for feature-testing. I found this page:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/vcblog/archive/2014/11/17/c-11-14-17-features-in-vs-2015-preview.aspx?PageIndex=2

which, in the comments, includes this brief and disappointing quote from STL:

We currently have no plans to implement feature-test macros.

So I contacted him about it. A discussion with various Microsoft people
ensued, which resulted in Herb's cross-posting from Thursday last. So expect
more discussion in Kona.

But in thinking about that discussion, I thought it would be generally
helpful to spell out an implication in 3.1p3, so I added a sentence.

My goals for this meeting are:

Everyone takes one last look at the rationale section for C++17;

Settle questions that remain about C++17 macro names;

Get volunteers to produce rationale or example for new changes made in
Lenexa.

--
Clark Nelson            Chair, PL22.16 (ANSI C++ standard committee)
Intel Corporation       Chair, SG10 (C++ SG for feature-testing)