Re: [SG10] __cpp_lib_constexpr_functions

From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr_at_[hidden]>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 13:07:17 -0500
"Nelson, Clark" <clark.nelson_at_[hidden]> writes:

| > My instance on having few macros isn't just specific to constexpr.
|

| > For 'constexpr' in particular, I do believe it is still too early.
|
| > LWG
|
| > doesn't even know what it wants. Having a new macro everytime that
|
| > LWG
|
| > changes its mind sound overkill. If the desire is to have a macro
|
| > anyway, then I will repeat the suggestion I made previously: Have
|
| > just one
|
| > macro for constexpr, call it something, and have its value updated
|
| > for
|
| > new released of the committee draft.
|

| Gaby, I don't understand what you're suggesting we should do.
|

| Here is the relevant excerpt from N3694:
|

| +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| | |Constexpr | | | | |
| |N3471|Library |20.2-20.4| | |<utility>|
| | |Additions: | | | | |
| | |utilities | | | | |
| |-----+--------------+---------| | |---------|
| | |Constexpr | | | | |
| |N3469|Library |20.11 |__cpp_lib_constexpr_functions|201210|<chrono> |
| | |Additions: | | | | |
| | |chrono | | | | |
| |-----+--------------+---------| | |---------|
| | |Constexpr | | | | |
| |N3470|Library |23.3 | | |<array> |
| | |Additions: | | | | |
| | |containers | | | | |
| +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
|

| What are your proposed edits, if any?
|

| Clark

To illustrate this on constexpr, I am suggesting to change the value of
__cpp_lib_constexpr_functions to last time WP draft was changed (date of
vote in Bristol) -- not just when a specific header was changed. Do not
tie it (as in the table) to any of the headers listed there. Remember
that any non-C C++ header can include any other header, so I don't see
much value in tieing the macros to a list of headers. I guess I am
saying ditch the 6th column.

-- Gaby