Subject: Re: [SG10] __cpp_lib_constexpr_functions
From: Nelson, Clark (clark.nelson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-08-27 12:45:35

> My instance on having few macros isn't just specific to constexpr.

> For 'constexpr' in particular, I do believe it is still too early.

> LWG

> doesn't even know what it wants. Having a new macro everytime that

> LWG

> changes its mind sound overkill. If the desire is to have a macro

> anyway, then I will repeat the suggestion I made previously: Have

> just one

> macro for constexpr, call it something, and have its value updated

> for

> new released of the committee draft.

Gaby, I don't understand what you're suggesting we should do.

Here is the relevant excerpt from N3694:

N3471<http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2012/n3471.html>

Constexpr Library Additions: utilities

20.2-20.4

__cpp_lib_constexpr_functions<file:///C:\Users\cnelson1\Documents\j16\2013-07\n3694.htm#detail.cpp14.n3471>

201210

<utility>

N3469<http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2012/n3469.html>

Constexpr Library Additions: chrono