Subject: Re: [SG10] First draft recommendation for C++14
From: Nelson, Clark (clark.nelson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-04 19:20:53

> > Given that not all compilers yet implement all of C++11, are we
> > considering macros for C++11 features? (Sorry if answered elsewhere,
> I'm
> > new to this group.)
>
> I believe that is intended, at least for C++11 features not yet
> widely implemented. IIRC, Tom Plum wanted to provide a list.

We did talk about doing this.

But C++11, being a horse that is already out of the barn, is a problem that can only be ameliorated, not solved.

On the other hand, by moving quickly, we might yet be able to save C++14 from chaos. So I consider that to be much more urgent, and haven't spent time on C++11 features. But the year is young.

Clark

SG10 list run by herb.sutter at gmail.com