C++ Logo

liaison

Re: [isocpp-wg14/wg21-liaison] WG14 Wiki Links, how to access (some of them)

From: keld_at <keld_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2024 17:37:50 +0200
On Tue, May 21, 2024 at 07:59:28AM -0400, Aaron Ballman via Liaison wrote:
> On Mon, May 20, 2024 at 2:26???PM Harald Achitz via Liaison
> <liaison_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Some members of our local national mirror asked me about those two links on

i am not aware that a national swedish mirror existed. are you official? do yoy pay to sis?
i used to be the swediah representative in wg21, wg14 and posix austin group, as sweden was an o-member of sc22
bur we stopped that membership as i was the only interested after europen.se dissolved and stopped being a member of sis/tk504.
this was sis/tk504. my contact person is Jolanta.Wallstrom_at_[hidden]

> > https://www.open-std.org/JTC1/SC22/WG14/
> >
> > New WG wiki (protected, only for members)
> > WG internal information (protected, only for members)
> >
> > The first one, New WG wiki, https://www.open-std.org/twiki/bin/view/WG14 , gives a Not Found

where did you get this address from, it is not official.
yes it is not updated and should be removed. i should remove it
 i still have some rights on https://www.open-std.org/JTC1/SC22/WG14/ - it is my site

> Yes, I think this link can actually be removed from the committee
> site; as best I can tell, there's no twiki available and hasn't been
> one in ages.
>
> > The second, WG Internal information, https://www.open-std.org/JTC1/SC22/WG14/prot/ , requires user and password.
>
> Correct, you have to be a member of WG14 to view the contents of that
> directory. FWIW, the directory doesn't contain anything of importance:
> some older drafts of standards (better sources can be found on the
> Projects page), pictures from some past committee meetings, older
> standards used as reference materials for older C standards, and many
> broken links.
>
> ~Aaron
>
> > I am not sure how WG14 works, but as convener of the local SC22 mirror I am motivated to help to answer those questions, and I thought someone here, in the liason group, might be able to help me providing the information.
> >
> > So if anyone knows how that works or whom to ask, please let me know so I can forward the info.
> >
> > Thank you!
> >
> > Regards, Harald

it seems like sis has not done its proper work...
we can help bringing it in order

keld