C++ Logo

liaison

Re: [wg14/wg21 liaison] P2961R1 syntax for Contracts: viable for C?

From: Nina Dinka Ranns <dinka.ranns_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2023 15:53:30 +0100
Hi all,

apologies for the late reply. I have been travelling and am only catching
up with this discussion now.

It is true that SG22 has not been meeting, but that's a reflection of the
fact we had a flux in the organisation of SG22 and no urgent matters to
attend to.
However, this matter is of some urgency as SG21 (contracts study group)
plans to make a decision on the syntax in Kona.

As good as reflector discussions are, they are not a replacement for a
meeting in which we can properly debate the issue and poll to get a more
realistic feel for what the group thinks. I would also want to have both
syntax authors present so there is no unintentional bias in presenting the
two options.

Once we have an idea what availability authors have in October, I will send
out a google poll with possible times in hope of getting a quorum.

Even if you have already stated your opinion on this topic, your
participation would be greatly appreciated so we can minute your position
and so your vote counts in the polls we take.

Thank you,
Nina