C++ Logo

liaison

Re: [wg14/wg21 liaison] Schrödingarray

From: Aaron Ballman <aaron_at_[hidden]>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2021 07:19:15 -0500
On Mon, Feb 8, 2021 at 5:59 PM will wray via Liaison
<liaison_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> A possible agenda item for tomorrow's meeting.

I'd recommend we hold the initial discussions here on the mailing list
until a paper is available to discuss in the study group.

> I'd like to propose that Liaison reopen that Pandora's box,
> That tantamount-to-taboo topic; array.
>
> Suggested remit:
> Improvements for array, and array APIs, and C/C++ compatibility.
>
> Suggested aims:
> * C as Lingua Franca of array processing
> * Flexible array APIs allowing efficient C / C++ implementations
> * Support library solutions for dynamic multi-dimensional data
> * Keep it simple, avoid old issues, focus on cross-language uses
> * ?

I think these are good aims worth exploring.

> If there's interest and agreement then what forum to use?
> * kickstart in the liaison mailing list

This initial step makes sense to me. Once we have a better
understanding of the concrete details of the proposal/aims, we can
determine the appropriate next steps.

~Aaron