C++ Logo

liaison

Re: [wg14/wg21 liaison] labels

From: Ville Voutilainen <ville.voutilainen_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2020 16:49:19 +0300
On Wed, 12 Aug 2020 at 16:36, Jens Gustedt <jens.gustedt_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> You are exagerating, nobody is "complaining". The opposite is actually
> happening. This feature found wide support in WG14's meeting last
> week, and now Martin is asking if C++ would be willing to add that
> feature, too.

Oh, pardon me; I didn't wish to suggest that anyone here is
complaining. The complaints
happen afterwards, if C makes a change and C++ for some reason fails
to follow suit.
That's why Bjarne suggested that it should be a two-way street. There
have been many occasions
where C++ has had to react to changes in C, rather than doing them in
cooperation, or perhaps
not doing them, so this discussion is certainly a great improvement
over those past events.