Re: [std-proposals] Floating an idea: int main(std::span<std::string_view> args)

From: Thiago Macieira <thiago_at_[hidden]>
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2024 07:38:20 -0700
On Monday 9 September 2024 07:11:28 GMT-7 Jarrad Waterloo via Std-Proposals
wrote:
> Think too of the poor beginner programmers who don't need to be messing
> with pointers on day one, hour one but still have a need for their beginner
> programs to be configurable. The children man, think of the children! Stop
> giving them scorpions when all they ask for is a slice of bread.

It's not that we aren't thinking of them. It's that this is such a localised
problem, with so many legacy uses and thus hard to modernise. It requires a
lot of effort for exactly one gain.

  Principal Engineer - Intel DCAI Platform & System Engineering