Re: [std-proposals] Freestanding std modules

From: Marcin Jaczewski <marcinjaczewski86_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2024 19:19:39 +0200
niedz., 30 cze 2024 o 17:22 Bo Persson via Std-Proposals
<std-proposals_at_[hidden]> napisaƂ(a):

> On 2024-06-30 at 15:39, Ville Voutilainen via Std-Proposals wrote:
> > On Sun, 30 Jun 2024 at 16:30, Bo Persson via Std-Proposals
> > <std-proposals_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> >> Is this a real problem, or just an upset user?
> >>
> >> I don't have your embedded compiler, so tried this on Visual Studio:
> >>
> >> import std;
> >>
> >> int main()
> >> {}
> >>
> >> and get an 11 kB exe-file.
> >>
> >> Is that too much bloat?
> >
> > If you remove that import, how large is your exe-file?
>
> Exactly the same. :-)

How exactly did you tested it? You have a local VS?
I tried checking it on godbolt but as I see, it's not fully supported yet.

Now I wonder if this thanks to some special handling for `std` or will it
work similar in user defined modules? Like I could
create a 20MiB helper module with tons of functions but if I use only
one of them then the final binary will only grow by a couple of kB.