Re: [std-proposals] std::elide

From: Frederick Virchanza Gotham <cauldwell.thomas_at_[hidden]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2024 10:02:19 +0100
On Tue, Jun 4, 2024 at 9:42 AM Tiago Freire wrote:

> Or better yet, you might want to write that paper yourself,
> since certainly the OP will not do this for you, and they have
> a track record of posting “ideas” that never get anywhere.

I have in the past written papers for other people's ideas, such as
Sebastian's "std::factory":

      http://www.virjacode.com/papers/factory.htm

When considering making changes to C++, I purposely share a number of
unique ideas to solve the same problem, so that there's a choice to
choose from. This reduces the percentage of my papers that make it to
the "Email them to the vice-chair Nevin" phase, or as you so aptly put
it, "never get anywhere".

Is anyone keen on having "std::factory" in C++26? So that we have
something quick-and-easy to use now. And then maybe in C++29 or C++32,
we can see about doing something more extreme?