Re: [std-proposals] Function only accepts parameter that will persist

From: Thiago Macieira <thiago_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sat, 04 May 2024 20:00:26 -0700
On Saturday 4 May 2024 17:22:59 GMT-7 Frederick Virchanza Gotham via Std-
Proposals wrote:
> Just before we go any further, I want to be sure that I understand
> what you mean here. Do you mean the following:
>
> https://godbolt.org/z/aaarja5Ps

Yes.

Specifically, as implemented twice in Qt:
https://codebrowser.dev/qt6/qtbase/src/corelib/tools/
qoffsetstringarray_p.h.html
https://code.qt.io/cgit/qt/qtbase.git/tree/src/corelib/kernel/qtmochelpers.h

Through that second, the string table component of a moc output looks like:

constexpr auto qt_meta_stringdata_CLASSQDnsLookupRunnableENDCLASS =
QtMocHelpers::stringData(
    "QDnsLookupRunnable",
    "finished",
    "",
    "QDnsLookupReply",
    "reply"
);

   Principal Engineer - Intel DCAI Cloud Engineering