Re: [std-proposals] Extend std::type_info with more information

From: Frederick Virchanza Gotham <cauldwell.thomas_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2024 00:06:32 +0100
On Fri, Apr 12, 2024 at 8:31 PM Marcin Jaczewski wrote

> This should be possible to implement today, performance will be bad as it abuse
> `throw` and `catch`:

I implemented it here last week:
https://lists.isocpp.org/std-proposals/2024/04/9500.php

Implementing it on Microsoft is a little trickier as you need to
somehow turn a type_info into a ThrowInfo . . I think I posted an
implementation of that here earlier this week too.

But since the exception-throwing system just takes a look through a
list of type_info's of base types, you can just look through those
type_info's yourself instead of throwing an exception.