[std-proposals] std::typeid_except ( Paper Attached )

From: Frederick Virchanza Gotham <cauldwell.thomas_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2024 12:18:15 +0000
We should have access to the 'type_info' of any object that is thrown,
even if it is caught inside a 'catch(...)' block. I first proposed
this 14 months ago on this mailing list, and there were 22 replies in
the original thread:

    https://lists.isocpp.org/std-proposals/2023/01/5400.php

Most replies were in favour of having this new feature in C++26.

I have written a paper in the format expected by the committee, with
the headings:
[ Introduction, Motivations, Impact on the standard, Impact on
existing code, Design considerations, Proposed wording, References ]

I intend for this paper to be allocated a Pxxxx number and for it to
be put forward to the committee for a vote. My paper is attached to
this email, and can also be accessed at:

    http://www.virjacode.com/papers/typeid_except.htm