[std-proposals] RTTI in current_exception

From: Frederick Virchanza Gotham <cauldwell.thomas_at_[hidden]>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2023 09:20:47 +0000
I've written a short paper advocating for the availability of RTTI
inside the body of a 'catch(...)', I've attached it to this email and
you can also download it from:

    http://www.virjacode.com/download/RTTI_current_exception_draft1.pdf

Here's an excerpt:

"This proposed feature would not be needed if we could only throw
 objects derived from ‘std::exception’, however since we can throw
 any type (for example int, std::complex<long>), it is fitting that we
 should be able to get the RTTI inside ‘catch (...)’, otherwise the C++26
 standard should deprecate the throwing of an object which is not derived
 from ‘std::exception’."