[std-proposals] ABI comparison with reflection : new proposal

From: Saksham Sharma <saksham0808_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2024 19:30:14 -0500
Hi everyone,

This is my first post on this list. I have been working on a POC
implementation to come up with an ABI comparison standard methodology using
the latest P2996R1 reflection paper and its corresponding experimental
compiler. Based on some discussions I've had with various people, it should
be targeted towards SG-7 Reflection, and LEWG.

I have attached my proposed draft paper with this email. The idea is to
solve a seemingly common problem of two processes or modules trying to
compare if they are sharing a data object with the same memory layout or
not. This is often due to the two parties being compiled at different
times, potentially with different versions of the code, and makes for
tricky and brittle solutions proliferating across systems.

I would love to hear feedback in general, but specifically on things I may
have missed, or suggestions on reducing / broadening the scope. The part
about virtual functions is still undocumented as of now but can be
implemented, and the implementation is a little rough around the edges due
to some limitations of the current experimental EDG compiler, but they
should be fixed in some time.

Thank you.

Regards,
Saksham Sharma