Re: [std-proposals] Allow conversion of memfunc pointers to func pointers

From: Jarrad Waterloo <descender76_at_[hidden]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2024 08:07:14 -0500
Frederick,

I also failed to mention Herb Sutter's metaclasses.
https://herbsutter.files.wordpress.com/2017/07/p0707r1.pdf
vtables can be built by hand but there is a lot of boiler plate though one
done their awesome
Herb showed that with reflection and once it matures to a point vtables can
be built with a library that looks and feels as if it was a language
feature.
In short, without an explicit language feature, it is only a matter of time.
Give it another 25 years on top of the existing 25 years.
In the meantime, I'll keep using https://github.com/boost-ext/te,
function_ref, move_only_function and copyable_function.